"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."







Saturday, April 16, 2011

Light the fire....

...and the fire was lit!

Well, not sure how to put the event into words...(but I'll try!) ...the most important thing was that God was glorified and people's hearts were moved...and some were even moved to action!

"And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your LIGHT will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday." Isaiah 58:10


Our Called2Care's goal for the evening was simply to bring awareness to Ordinary Hero, the needs in our own community, to support Kelly Putty and Jami Kaeb, and to spread the word about the 240 children who are orphaned PER HOUR!!!!

We wanted people to know that there is ONE (or two...) out there waiting for them....needing them....not only to be taken care of...and to have their physical needs met...but to share with them JESUS loves them and died for them!

Isn't that our ultimate goal as believers...to share God's Word?!?!!?

We are excited to hear how God has/and will touch hearts for the fatherless and those in need as the days and months go on....

We've already heard of one family that had adoption on their hearts....and after the event they left saying, "who is our one?", they then got a call on Wednesday(4 days later...)

and NOW HAVE THAT LITTLE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

How GREAT is our GOD?!?!?!

We've heard of a few other families that have said they will be starting the adoption process! I can't wait to watch God guide these families to their little one! :)


If you weren't able to make it to the event...I pray that God will give you a burden for those in need. That doesn't always mean....ADOPTION....as much as I would love to bring one home in July for myself and every other family.....I don't believe that is what God has for me right now:)....but yet, He can still use me and YOU to serve others in the same town we live in!



I'll be posting pics in the next few days...:)

1 comment:

  1. Email me at bringourangelhome@gmail.com!

    YOU are the winner of my Ordinary Hero giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete