"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."







Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Won't you stand up....and use your voice

Well, after the Light the Fire event one of my good high school friends told me about how the event touched her.....in her own words....


"Thanks so much for inviting me Saturday. I have been so touched, and moved. I can't even explain it! I have been moved to tears everyday since the event. I can't stop thinking about it! I don't know what I am supposed to do, so I have just been praying. I would love to begin helping in any way I could, so if you have something in mind let me know. I know I don't go to your church, but would love to be involved.
When I got in the car to leave your church, I happened to be driving ........car. He had a CD in that I had been listening to. As I turned on the radio, a song was just beginning, and I just sobbed as I drove. It hit me hard, and I can't stop listening to it. It is called "Stand Up" By Sugarland. Here is a link so you can hear it. Enjoy!" http://www.metrolyrics.com/stand-up-lyrics-sugarland.html





Since hearing this song....all I can think of is...I want to stand up for those that can't SPEAK UP for themeselves. While standing up for them....I need to also be focusing on how I can show Crist's love!



"Open your mouth, judge righteously,and plead the cause of th poor and needy..." Proverbs 31:9



Will you stand up and use your voice?
Go to ordinaryhero.org and sign up for the "SPEAK UP" emails they send out with children that are...wanting/needing/dreaming/asking/hoping/wondering/wishing/praying/waiting/ for someone to show them GOD's LOVE! So, I hope I gave you just one little reason out of a million why you SHOULD STAND UP and use your voice! :)
Please be watching the Oridnary Hero blog as we visit and care for many orphans....that truly need you.....will you open your heart to a little one....or share a little face that stands out to you...with a friend or a family member? :)





How are you going to stand up and use your voice?




2 weeks from today...I will be in Chicago...getting ready to head back to ETHIOPIA! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very neat! I will be in DC in 2 weeks! It has flown by. I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete